How To Find The Right Garmin GPS Holder
Author: Grae Olsen Date Posted: 21 June 2017
Got a Garmin GPS unit? Finding the right holder you need can be bit of a daunting task, but follow these simple steps and you'll be fine:
- First of all, head to the RAM Mounts Builder here;
- Select the device as "GPS" and then the Make as "Garmin"
- In the Model drop down box, simply select the exact model of Garmin GPS you have (eg. GPSMAP 64S);
- Once it has shown you the results, note down the part number of the holder that is required (eg. RAM-HOL-GA41U)
- Back on our site, in the top left hand corner, click into the search box and just type the last part of the code (eg. GA41U) and it should come up with the product
It's that easy! But if for some reason the product you need doesn't come up on our site, it may mean we haven't got that one on the shelf right now, so just contact us and we can order it in for you.
Note however, that the holder is only one part of the equation. You will usually need other RAM Mount parts to connect to the holder if you want to mount it somewhere.
As a minimum, you will usually need the RAM-B-238U Diamond Base to bolt onto the back of the holder and give it a 1" ball. But there are also many kits available, such as the RAM-B-138U or RAM-B-166U which have a full ball and socket system included.
Again, if in doubt, please contact us for advice.