Motogadget m-ButtonSKU: 4002032
Make 4 interest-free payments of $20.74 fortnightly and receive your order now.In Stock : 7
The Motogadget m-Button is for use with the Motogadget m-Unit and is designed to reduce cable clutter and simplify your wiring harness.
Integrated into the handlebar or any other adequate location, this tiny cylinder will electrically connect all your handlebar instruments, switches and buttons. Using state-of-the-art bus technology, it digitally processes signals and transmits them to the m-Unit V.2 through a thin cable. All electrics are then switched from the m-Unit and all control wires are moved into the handlebar, saving space, weight, labour and time. A 'must have' for custom bikes with clean-look handlebars.
How It Works:
- Normally the operating current (e.g. headlight or turn signals) is transmitted directly via the wiring of the handlebar switches. Due to the high currents, cables with large cross-sections have to be routed from the fuse box to the switch and back to the electrical consumer. The result: big cable bundles. Definitely, a 'no go' for custom bikes with restricted space or a concealed electrical system.
- using the m-Unit without the m-Button, just a thin cable for each switch- or button-controlled feature has to be routed to the m-Unit. These cables only carry minute control currents. All high loads and currents are switched directly at the m-Unit and transmitted directly to the electrical consumers. This already leads to a significant reduction and simplification of the wiring harness. Here you can see the example of a circuit diagram.
- using the m-Unit V.2 in combination with the tiny m-Button, you will once again reduce the amount of cables that have to be routed! All switches/buttons on the handlebar are connected at the shortest distance possible and concealed inside the handlebar. Consequently, you will have to route only ONE thin cable from the m-Button to the m-Unit. All loads and currents will be switched directly at the m-Unit V.2 (see explanations above). A layout reduced to the max! Here you can see the example of a circuit diagram with use of m-Button.
The m-Button is completely moulded in, making it water-tight and resistant to vibrations, and is equipped for connections for:
- turn signal, left side
- turn signal, right side
- headlight (low beam and high beam)
- brake light switch, front brake
- Diameter: 12 mm
- Length: 25 mm
- Cable length: approx. 60 cm
- Connecting cable to m-Unit: approx. 200 cm
- Weight: approx. 30g
|Country Of Manufacture||Germany|
Accessory Type: Aftermarket Branded
Product Type: Electrics
Custom Bundle: No
Non-domestic Product: No
Modified Item: No
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Hurtle Gear users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.